Jurnal IJKPE is a journal that is professionally managed by Yayasan SEKORA by upholding the copyright, privacy, license, and ethics of scientific publication. Every article that is published in Jurnal BACA gives a significantly scientific impact to the reader, because it prioritizes aspects of renewal, authenticity, and expediency. The publication ethics below are the main principles and foundations in journal publication, which regulates the ethics of author, editor, reviewer, and journal manager. We hope that by understanding and implementing this scientific publication, every article that is published in this jurnal can avoid all forms of the malpractice publication band copyright infringement, such as duplication, fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism.
- Neutrality; the editor is neutral in selecting and screening manuscript. The editor must be objective and fair to every author who submitted their written works. The editor is forbidden to be discriminative to the author in terms of gender, ethnicity, religion, race, intergroup, or nationality.
- Reporting; editor reports the selection and reviews scripts clearly and accurately to the author based on accuracy, completeness, and clarity of reporting of result research and its development, including editing techniques and the use of guidelines for publication and screenwriting.
- Communicative; editor communicates effectively and efficiently in the process of publishing the journal. Every suggestion and criticism from the author, reviewer, and journal manager should be addressed clearly, fairly and transparently.
- Fairness; editor distributes the manuscript to editor team member and reviewer fairly based on their respective competence.
- Professional; editor works professionally based on his duties and responsibilities. The editor should understand any policy related to journal publication. Editor ensures that every script has undergone the editorial process and review correctly, fairly, and objectively.
- Responsibility; editor takes full responsibility for the success of journal publication. Editor guarantees that every journal article published is a new paper and not a copy, and gives benefits to those reading and accessing the journals.
- Disclosure of conflicts of interest; editor upholds copyright and privacy of each other to avoid conflict of interest. Should a conflict of interest arise with other parties, an editor must solve it justly and wisely.
- Neutrality; reviewer is fair, objective, unbiased, independent, and only in favor of scientific truth. The script review process is carried out professionally without distinguishing the author’s background. Reviewer is prohibited conduct a review of papers involving himself, either directly or indirectly.
- Professional; reviewer should be critical and professional in assessing a paper (related to his expertise), open about new things, able to keep the secret of the things being assessed, does not take personal advantage of the paper he assesses, as well as has a passion for improving written works. Reviewer has the right to refuse a script if it does not correspond to his expertise. He then can recommend it to the other more competent reviewer in accordance with the scope of the publication.
- Quality assurance; reviewer has a duty to assist editor in improving the quality of paper he reviews. Reviewer analyzes papers on the substance not on grammar, punctuation, and typos. The reviewer is required to uphold the basic principles and scientific analysis in the process of reviewing a paper. Reviewer works on the principle of truth, novelty, and originality; prioritizes benefit of the paper for the development of science, technology, and innovation; as well as understands the impact of paper on the development of science.
- Punctuality; reviewer reviews the manuscript and gives a response to the editor quickly, expected to be on time. If the time is not enough, the reviewer then informs the editor with a clear reason for the sake of discipline and regularity of journal publication.
- Disclosure of conflicts of interest; reviewer upholds copyright and privacy of each other in order to avoid conflicts of interest. Should a conflict of interest arise with other parties, the reviewer must finish it justly and wisely.
- Reporting Standard
Authors of reports of original research should present an accurate account of the work performed as well as an objective discussion of its significance. The main data to be represented accurately in the script. The manuscript should contain sufficient detail and references that allow others to do the research again. Fraudulent or knowingly inaccurate statements constitute unethical behavior and are unacceptable.
- Data Access and Retention
The author was asked to provide the raw data associated with the text for editorial review process and should be prepared to provide public access to such data , if practicable, and should in any event be prepared to retain such data for a reasonable time after publication.
- Originality and Plagiarism
The authors should ensure that they have written entirely original works, and if the authors have used the work and/or words of others that this has been appropriately cited or quoted.
- Multiple, Redundant or Concurrent Publication
An author should not, in general, publish manuscripts describing essentially the same research in more than one journal or primary publication. Submitting the same manuscript to more than one journal concurrently constitutes unethical publishing behavior and is unacceptable.
- Acknowledgment of Sources
Proper acknowledgment of the work of others must always be given. Authors should cite publications that have been influential in determining the nature of the reported work.
- Authorship of the Paper
Authorship should be limited to those who have made a significant contribution to the conception, design, execution, or interpretation of the reported study. All those who have made significant contributions should be listed as co-authors. Where there are others who have participated in certain substantive aspects of the research project, they should be acknowledged or listed as contributors. The corresponding author should ensure that all appropriate co-authors and no inappropriate co-authors are included on the paper, and that all co-authors have seen and approved the final version of the paper and have agreed to its submission for publication.
- Disclosure and Conflicts of Interest
All authors should disclose in their manuscript any financial or other substantive conflicts of interest that might be construed to influence the results or interpretation of their manuscript. All sources of financial support for the project should be disclosed.
- Fundamental errors in published work
When an author discovers a significant error or inaccuracy in his/her own published work, it is the author’s obligation to promptly notify the journal editor or publisher and cooperate with the editor to retract or correct the paper.
Journal Editor in Chief Ethic
- Decision-making; Editor in Chief should define the vision, mission, and goals of the organization in journal publication based on the recommendation of the reviewer and the editorial board. To do so, Editor in Chief are neutral and free from conflicts of interest of individuals or groups, business aspects, aspects of ethnicity, religion, race, and intergroup.
- Freedom; Editor in Chief give freedom to the reviewer and editor to create harmony at working atmosphere and mutual respect for one another in order to guarantee and protect intellectual property rights, particularly those related to the management of funds received from third parties. Editor in Chief encourage editor and reviewer to apply the ethics clearance including confidentiality, licensing, and special requirements in research on human, animal, and other living creature.
- Responsibility; Editor in Chief are responsible for the guideline of journal publication policies, starting from the name of an issue, scientific scope, manuscript writing style, collaboration, licensing and legal publications, and evaluation of manuscript publication.
- Promotion; Editor in Chief promote and ensure the sustainability of journal publication. Editor in Chief are entitled to determine the funding in accordance with the policies and needs of journal publication. In its management, funders do not intervene in terms of issue substance. Source of research and development fund is included in the publication without affecting the reader's perception.
- Disclosure of conflicts of interest; Editor in Chief upholds copyright and privacy of each other to avoid conflicts of interest. In the event of the conflict of interest with other parties, journal managers must finish it justly and wisely.
The papers published in the International Journal of Kinesiology and Physical Education is a journal published by SEKORA Foundation will be consider to retract in the publication if :
- They have clear evidence that the findings are unreliable, either as a result of misconduct (e.g. data fabri-cation) or honest error (e.g. miscalculation or experimental error)
- the findings have previously been published elsewhere without proper crossreferencing, permission orjustification (i.e. cases of redundant publication)
- it constitutes plagiarism
- it reports unethical research